Gifted Screening Opportunity
Inspire Elementary recognizes that Gifted Learners’ educational needs begin long before traditional testing occurs in most public schools. To help serve the parents and students in Franklin County, we are offering a free screening for potential giftedness for young students in our region.
During this second of three opportunities available this school year, our Licensed Gifted Consultant and Gifted Intervention Specialist will be available to screen and assess young learners for potential giftedness during the last week of September. Parents will then have a scheduled appointment to discuss their child’s assessment results and recommended educational experiences to promote their learning potential.
How do I know if this opportunity is right for my child?
If you have consistently observed at least 5-7 behaviors in your child from the list below and your child has not yet taken a cognitive abilities test at his/her school, this may be a good opportunity for your child.
Around the house, does your child exhibit many of the following on a regular basis?
- Was reading by approximately age 3 or 4?
- Seems to need less sleep than most, even as an infant? (and still functions fine)
- Asks questions about the way things work? Take things apart?
- Shows sympathy or think about how others are feeling?
- Shows an extreme sensitivity to feelings or is more emotional than most?
- Can see situations from others' perspectives? Worry about others' plights?
- Asks deep questions? (about the world, how things work, what would happen if...?)
- Have a strong sense of fairness?
- Is very active, with a purpose (not to be confused with ADHD)
- Have strong feelings and opinions?
- Have anxiety?
- Have wild, silly ideas?
- Highly interested in something for long periods of time? (months)
- Is highly self-critical?
- Intense reaction to noise, light, pain, frustration?
- Prefers adults rather than peers?
- Keen sense of humor?
- Fascinated with books or abstract games?
- Invent new things, or use common items for new uses?
- Demonstrate self-reliance, independence?
- Vivid Imagination?
- Extraordinary memory?
- Talk about something they see that reminds them of a past experience (makes connections between past and present)
To participate in a Gifted Learner Assessment, please complete the registration form below.
Once you have completed registration, please click here to view more details about what to expect on your child's scheduled day of assessment.